Great Nutrition Begins with Superfoods
Genesis Today is a progressive nutrition company specializing in superfoods—exceptional plants and fruits packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other essential nutrients that support overall health and wellbeing. Combining scientific research and nutritional expertise with a passion for helping others, we offer nutritional supplements and juices made from real foods your body can absorb.
Our team of experts travel to exotic places around the world where indigenous people have used superfoods for generations and still receive nutritional benefits from them today. We then work alongside these cultures, respecting and honoring their traditions and harvesting techniques to retain these foods in their whole, natural state. Finally, we prepare our supplements and juices with high quality processes to preserve the nutrients and deliver great products for your optimum health. That’s the Genesis Today way.
At Genesis Today, we believe that the true benefits of superfoods come from the native environments that have sustained them for thousands or even millions of years. That’s why we get our superfoods directly from the source—from the cloud-capped mountains of India to the lush jungles of Southeast Asia and beyond.
We also choose ingredients harvested using traditional methods passed down for generations, like climbing palms to pick açaí berries and sending them downriver by canoe in South America or purchasing goji berries gathered by hand from local farms in Asia.
Our focus on quality and sourcing are not the only things that make Genesis Today different. We are also a sustainable business, following environmentally-friendly practices and supporting sustainable lifestyles for the indigenous people who work hard to share their treasures with us. We believe in supporting the health and wellbeing of not just our consumers, but of all the individuals and families who help us create our exceptional products and deliver them to you.
Genesis Today always seeks to share good health and nutrition with our community and support organizations that are helping to improve people’s health and wellbeing around the world. Genesis Today has donated food items to dozens of food banks across the nation and is a proud contributor to the following organizations.
Feed the Children
In 2011, Genesis Today donated $286,000 worth of superfruit juices and teas to tornado victims in temporary disaster relief shelters across Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky, delivering nutritional support to families in crisis and assisting them on the road to recovery.
Malaria No More
Malaria No More is determined to end malaria deaths. A non-profit, non-governmental organization, Malaria No More makes high-yield investments of time and capital to speed progress, unlock resources, mobilize new assets and spur the world toward reaching this goal.
Points of Light Institute
The Points of Light Institute embraces service and civic engagement as fundamental to a purposeful life and essential to a healthy world with the history, scale, reach, leadership and strategy to mobilize millions of people to tackle concrete, significant challenges.
Americas Promise Alliance
With more than 300 national partners, America’s Promise Alliance is devoted to improving the lives of young people. Together, they ensure that young people receive the Five Promises they need to graduate high school prepared for success.
Bastrop County Family Crisis Center
In past years, Genesis Today employees have exchange gifts (children’s toys) and donated them to the Bastrop County, Texas Crisis Center during the holiday season.
Chief Executive Officer
Bill brings more than 20 years of executive management and leadership experience to Genesis Today. Bill joins from Tazza Pronto, a privately held coffee and hot beverage manufacturer, where he was President and CEO. Previously, he served as President and CEO of Jones Soda, a [publicly traded] premium soft drink company; President of Talking Rain Beverage, a privately held sparking beverage company; and Chief Marketing Officer of FUZE Beverage, a leading new age beverage company acquired by Coca Cola. Bill also has experience with Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, and Tetra Pak. “The Genesis Today product line is among the very best in the natural channel, and is ready for a large and sustained multi-channel expansion,” said Mr. Meissner. “This is a fantastic opportunity for me and for the Genesis Today customer.”
Bill received an MBA from the University Of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School Of Business and a BA from Michigan State University.
Chief Financial Officer
As Chief Financial Officer of Genesis Today, Andy Bergad is responsible for creating and implementing the financial, planning and technology strategies to enable the growth of the Genesis Today family of brands. Andy brings over 13 years of experience as a senior level executive in financial and operational management, and has diverse experiences in the consumer products, healthcare, technology and education industries. Most notably, Andy was the Chief Operating Officer at Vatterott Educational Centers, Vice President of Finance at Diageo and has consulted to the beverage industry.
Andy is a graduate of Northwestern University with a B.A. in Economics and received his M.B.A. from the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management with a concentration in strategy, finance and marketing.
• 2016 Taste for Life Food Essentials Award Winner – Goji Cranberry Positive Mood Superfruit Juice Drink
• Vegan Health & Fitness Magazine 2016 Best Beverages Award –Liquid Liver Cleanse
• Taste For Life Supplement Essential Award – Genesis Today Detox Greens
• Vity Award; Garcinia Cambogia
• Inc. 5000; Fastest Growing Private Companies – Rank 4,057
• Austin Business Journal Fast 50; 18th Place above $10 Million
• Whole Foods Magazine; Green Coffee Bean
• Vity Award; Green Coffee Bean
• Inc. 5000; Fastest Growing Private Companies – Rank 2,382
• Beverage Industry Magazine; Top 100 Companies – Rank 82
• Inc. 5000; Fastest Growing Private Companies – Rank 1,091
• Austin Business Journal Fast 50; 7th Place above $10 Million
• Inc. 5000; Fastest Growing Private Companies – Rank 806
• Better Nutrition Magazine; Antioxidants Category – Goji 100
• Austin Business Journal Fast 50; 6th place for businesses above $10 Million
• Inc. 500; Fastest Growing Private Companies – Rank 133
• Alive Magazine; Bronze, Superfood – Açaí 100
• Better Nutrition Magazine; Antioxidants Category – Açaí 100
• Austin Business Journal Fast 50; 11th Place above $10 Million
• Inc. 500; Fastest Growing Private Companies – Rank 110
• Vity Award; Gold, Functional Beverage – Açaí 100
• Better Nutrition Magazine; Reader’s Choice Awards – Açaí 100 & Mangosteen 100
• Austin Business Journal Fast 50; Fourth Place
• Alive Magazine; Silver, Herbal Product – Açaí 100
• Alive Magazine; Bronze, Superfood – Goji 100
• Austin Business Journal Fast 50; 1st Place – below $10 Million
• Vity Award; Best Goji Berry – Goji 100
• Alive Magazine; Gold, Best Antioxidant – Goji 100
• Nutrition Business Journal; Growth in Small Companies
Located close to downtown Austin, TX, Genesis Today offers a creative and inspiring space where you can work and grow. Take a peek inside!
As one of the fastest-growing superfood supplement companies in the country, Genesis Today continues to attract talented, passionate and self-directed professionals who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done. If you thrive in a loosely-structured, fast-paced environment and can easily switch between taking direction or leading as needed.